Hawaii Day 2

Woke up at 6 and went to the gym, let me remind you that 6am HI time is 10am UT time :) My view was palm trees and ocean as I ran. Yup it was a great work out! We left then for the temple. We were all planning on doing baptisms, but if you have been endowed they won't let you unless you have your own names so Suzanne and I were workers. It was very neat to even be there so I didn't mind too much.
I had a very spiritual experience that I will never forget. Mike was able to baptize Adam and Amanda. I am having a hard time explaining this, but the pride and love I have for Mike grew. I am proud of him and so happy he was able to do that. I am glad he is a worthy priesthood holder. I am lucky to have him as my husband. I love you babe!

After that we went to the Visitors center, but it wasn't open yet. We decided to get some grub while we waited. We ate by an ice cream shop. I saw they had boba!!!!  One of my most favorite treats ever! I was in 7th heaven. I ordered my drink and Mike got a Hawaiian snow cone. Let's just say they know how to make their snow cones!!
I learned something about my mother-in-law and slimy stuff. She is not a fan! I made her try my boba and she nearly threw up.... I won't do that again. I felt bad, but I'm glad now it is something we can all laugh at. Oh  and boba is tapioca before they dye it and cut it into tiny pieces. It really doesn't have a flavor, but I love how chewy it is. They put it in a flavored drink, I got coconut for my flavor.

We then headed back to the temple for the tour at the visitors center. It was neat to learn about LDS Hawaiians and their history. We also got to learn some really neat things about the temple. There is in fact an angel Moroni on the temple in two of the freezes, but he is not alone and gold on top like you would normally see. It is such a beautiful temple!

After that we drove to Hakilau Beach where we took some awesome pictures.

We had some time before we had to be at the PCC and we went to BYU Hawaii... Yes I did go on campus :) I saw where my mom and my mother-in-law went to college.

Then we went to the PCC aka Polynesia Cultural Center. Where do I start? Okay from the beginning. First thing we did was get another lei! Then we got on this raft thingy and took a tour from our white tour guide. It was cool and very relaxing.
Then we visited each of the lands such as: Samoa, Tonga, Tahiti and New Zealand.

Mike Sr. Aka UTAH did the best he rocked as you can see!
Mike Sr. won this leaf thingy and stuck it on my head just in case you were wondering what i'm wearing.
Here we are trying to swing these things, it was a lot harder than you'd think :)

The boys learning how to Tahitian dance :)

And now I know why I am not Hawaiian

We ended the night with dinner and a luau. Once again I was in awe. The Tahitian dancer that shake there hips super fast are amazing, but my favorite are the fire dancers!

It was a full day of fun!
I really didn't want to put this in here, but I want to be able to look back and laugh. I may or may not have woke up in the middle of the night a little wet. Yes I had a little accident. Luckily it was only a little because I realized what I was doing before it was a disaster. I'm glad my hubby still thinks i'm awesome :)


YAY!! More posts!!!!I love it and love the movies too!!! Looks like soooooo much fun!!! PS on the last thing you posted.... don't worry about it..... I am married to someone who may or may not have a good story about that too!!!! :)
Brian and Kayla said…
Wow your father-in-law is awesome! Hahaha. It is fun to hear about your trip! Good for you for leaving Peyton! That is hard to do huh?

Popular posts from this blog

34, 35, 36 Weeks

2016 Relief Society Talk