Today Pey had her 6 week check up. She is still WAY off the charts!
She is 26.5 in. in length and Weighs 10 lbs and 5oz.
She was a punk the whole time... I guess she had a right to be. She was a sleep when we got there and so I had to undress her so they could weigh her, so she woke up cold and starving. She only wanted food, her binky was not good enough to tide her over. I breast feed, but in situations like this I give her a bottle and well just so happens I forgot the formula. I also can't find my cover and I wasn't about to breastfeed in public. Public being my Doctor and nurse, but still.
Then our Doctor checked her vitals and stuff, her eye has been watering, I was worried she was getting sick. She is not just a clogged duct so I have to put pressure just below it a few times a day. Also he said for her skin and cradle cap to use Dove soap every other day and if that doesn't do it then there are medicines he can give her.
Then came the worst part. SHOTS. Sadly daddy wasn't there at this visit. I had to be the one to hold her little arms. She cried the saddest cry I've ever heard, I even teared up a little myself. Poor baby girl. :(
After a about a minute she stopped and feel asleep. All that crying wore her out.
I ♥ NY
*Yesterday was exactly 6 weeks and she rolled over! I have my mom and sister-in-laws as witnesses!
* When I smile and talk to her she smiles back and sometimes makes cute noises.
* The last few days she has discovered mom's hair, she is already pulling on it.
*She gets hiccups 3 or 4 times a day, so for now her nickname is hiccup.
* P sleeps when ever she wants. Sometimes she will sleep through the night, most of the time she wakes up around 3:30.
* She still loves baths and we discovered she loves showers. She is like her mom and hates water on her face though.
* She is cooing, gooing, gurgling and grunting. My favorite are her sighs and her oooh's.
* P had her first taste of salt. Mike was eating chips and salsa and decide to see what she thought of his finger. Not a fan.
* She is still sleeping beside our bed in her bassinet. I think this week she will graduate out of it and to her crib. She is just too long.
* I have discovered how to feed her laying down. She has discovered that she loves our bed... A few nights ago I just let her fall asleep eating in our bed, First big mistake by mom. Do they make Serta pillow top mattresses for cribs? ;)
* Her acne is full blown now along with the cradle cap and dry skin.
* P is getting a little bald spot on the back of her head.
* She is a little stinker, she farted in Khols the other day and the people in the next isle probably thought it was me... That's embarrassing.
* Her eyes are getting more and more blue everyday.
* She didn't before, but when she cries now she will have actual tears :(
* She still only opens one eye if she is really tired. I finally got proof!